Privacy and Data Protection Policy
Last updated on January 10, 2020 – WE RESPECT YOUR PRIVACY
This Privacy and Data Protection Policy is for this website Screti.net and governs the privacy of its users who choose to use it. The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore, the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed in this policy.
Personal data – what we collect and what we use it for
When you create a profile on the Website, we will automatically generate a personal account for you on Capilta(“Account”) and collect the following personal data about you. This information is mandatory, which means that it will not be possible to download free or paid products from us without it. We will also use this data to display your username to the public when you make a product review. This information will never be passed to any 3rd party for marketing.
- Your username (this will be public)
- Your securely encrypted password
- Your email address
- Your country
- Your billing address
- Mobile Number
Newsletters and digest emails
We collect the information you provide us with when you subscribe to receive our newsletters, digest emails or similar (we collect your name, email address and newsletter preferences). If you no longer wish to receive our newsletters, digest emails or similar, you can unsubscribe by logging into your Account and changing your settings.
For what purposes do we use your personal information?
We will use the information you provide to us to:
- Provide our services to you, including displaying your reviews, and providing you with access to your profile and our Website
- Identify you as a registered user when you log in to the Website and re-visit the Website
- Verify the legitimacy of your reviews
- Improve the Website and our services
- Invite you to leave more reviews
- Respond to your questions and provide related customer service
- Protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates
- Protect our rights, privacy, safety or property and/or that of our affiliates, you or others
- Allow us to pursue available remedies or limit any damages that we sustain
Your rights and preferences: Provide options and control options
As you may know, a new EU law called the General Data Protection Ordinance or CPC gives citizens certain rights in relation to their personal data. In order to comply with the provisions of this law, we have implemented additional transparency and accessibility features Privacy Settings to help users make use of these rights. Based on the availability and limitations of the applicable legislation, the rights granted to citizens are as follows:
- Right of access – You have the right to be informed and request access to your personal data that we are processing
- Right of rectification – You have the right to request to modify or update your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- Right to delete – You have the right to ask us to delete your personal data
- Right of limitation – You have the right to request the temporary or permanent discontinuation of processing all or some of your personal data
- Right of objection: you have the right to oppose at any time the processing of your personal data by us, based on reasons relating to your personal circumstance. you have the right to oppose the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes
- Right of data portability – You have the right to request a copy of your personal data in electronic form and to transfer this personal data to the third-party service and
- Right not to be subject to automated decision-making – you have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision-making, such as profiling if the decision would have legal implications for you or other equally important implications.
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies with all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Other cookies may be stored on your computers hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
Contact & communication
Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but advises users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products/services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process. Or whereby you the consumer have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing from the company a product or service that the email newsletter relates to. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights in regard to receiving email marketing material. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website.
The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should, therefore, note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
If you have questions about this Privacy and Data Protection Policy or the way personal information is processed or used in connection with the use of our Software Applications or websites, please me. Your request must include your name and other information needed for the identification, as well as for the full and complete processing of your request.